Becoming a Member
Our Community Vision:
Village Hill Cohousing aspires to be a diverse, multi-generational community, committed to compassionate living through respect, kindness and generosity. We strive to create an ecologically-sustainable neighborhood of beauty and peace where we support each others goals for healthy living and personal growth.
Our Community Values:
Communicating openly & directly
Assuming goodwill in all our interactions
Practicing curiosity rather than judgement
Committing to conflict resolution
Using recyclable & recycled materials
Growing / Supporting growth of organic foods
Installing permaculture-inspired landscaping & plantings
Using non-toxic products & practices, where possible
Supporting healthful living
Recycling, conserving energy, sharing resources & simplifying our lifestyles.
Sharing Community Work
Becoming a VHC Explorer - The 1st Step
After your initial phone or email inquiry, we ask you to take the following steps.
• Explore the VHC Website
• Read the Community Engagement Guidelines
• Schedule a meeting with the Membership Committee when you decide you want to move forward
• Meet with the Membership Committee.
• Discuss the Community Engagement Guidelines and the vision of VHC.
• Discuss your needs: What size home are you looking for? In what phase?
• Discuss the VHC Community and Membership.
Once you are accepted as an Explorer, complete the Explorer Information Form and submit your check of $250.00
Becoming a VHC Member:
• We highly recommend -
• Tour the VHC Site.
• Visit an existing Cohousing Community.
• Watch the Cohousing Ted Talk (Found Here)
• Attend one of the monthly Information Sessions & General Meetings.
• You will be assigned a Buddy
• You will be asked to participate on a committee or to volunteer for a task that benefits the community
• We ask that you set up additional "Getting to know you" conversations with other VHC Members.
• We ask that you complete the Membership Information form and submit to